I co-founded in 1993 and served as first CEO of Praxis Computing (Pty) Ltd, an entrepreneurial computer software and services business. Praxis pioneered in embracing the diversity of South Africa to enable business creativity – and continues today as a successful black-owned and managed firm.
Excellent coaching helped me give up my CEO position in 2006 (to become non-executive chair of Praxis until 2009). It was painful, exhilarating and a powerful leadership learning experience to step out of all that power and responsibility!
Over the period 2003 to 2013 I volunteered as a community builder for a men’s development organisation, leading a team pioneering its growth in Gauteng and later serving as national director and international committee member for the organisation globally.
In 2012 I founded a new business and industry of systemic team coaching in South Africa, bringing the globally-acclaimed Organisation and Relationship Systems Coaching (ORSC) to this part of the world.
- Organisational and Relationship Systems Certified Coach – CRR Global since 2014
- Professional Certified Coach – International Coach Federation (ICF) since 2010 (previously ACC)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach – Coaches Training Institute since 2008
Harvard Business School: Owner President Management Programme 2002-4.
University of Zimbabwe: Graduate Certificate in Education 1983
University of Cape Town: BSc in Physics (1980) and BA in African History (1979).
Since 2007 I have earned my living as a leadership coach, adding team coaching from 2013 onwards. In well over 3000 hours of coaching my clients have included
- Corporate executives in financial services, media, telecommunications, manufacturing
- Public sector and community leaders
- Change agents working for a better world
- Grassroots entrepreneurs
- Excos, middle management and operational teams